SCHOOL GROUP SESSIONS
What We Offer
· sessions to expand the range of activities offered for PE lessons.
· sessions as a reward or treat.
· some sessions delivered on school premises.
· national governing body certificates.
· sessions to prepare pupils for residential visits to outdoor education centres.
· sessions to aid pupils at risk of exclusion– we have a long & proven track record with such pupils.
· sessions to provide enrichment and development activities to pupils.
· sessions with Implicit learning objectives including raising self-esteem, developing effective communication skills, managing feelings, following instructions and working well with others.
What are the Costs?
· Single Session from £115 per group of 10 students for a half day. Max 30 students at a time.
· A full term of weekly ½ day sessions from £99 a session.
· A full school year of 1 weekly ½ day sessions from £3200. Discounts available for multiple groups.
· Full year price includes school visits by our staff if required.Also we can provide days for groups of teachers to come and experience our sessions!
Transport to The Centre
We have a minibus with the capacity to take a full group and an accompanying teacher. For a small charge we can collect and drop off your participants at the school!
Quality and Accreditation
Adventure Sunderland has a license from the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service and is recognised as a British Canoeing Centre, Royal Yachting Association teaching establishment and we are holders of the Adventure Mark and Learning Outside the Classroom Badge.
These demonstrate we operate with the upmost regard for the safety and welfare of participants.
Useful Information for School Visits
Facilities in the building include state of the art changing and shower facilities as well as a large room with attached kitchen where students can eat packed lunches. All equipment, wet suits, spray tops, helmets and buoyancy aids are supplied. All your students need to bring is swimming costume, long sleeved tee or sweat shirt and a towel. Allowing for preparation/changing time we recommend a minimum session of 2 hours.
All participants need to provide a completed MAC Activity Consent/Medical Form, and for those under 18 years old it will need to be signed by their Parent/Carer, to participate in the activities. This can be found in the Documents Section
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK PLEASE CALL
0191 514 4721
Oxclose Community Academy
Oxclose bring pupils of all ages and abilities to help them develop their personal and social skills. For example, our activities help them to learn how to work well with others and manage their feelings in challenging situations – as well as being great fun!
St Cuthberts Primary
This local school focuses on getting pupils into the outdoors. We are supporting this ethos whole heatedly. Here are their year 6’s jumping off Roker pier in January! The staff were amazed how resilient the pupils were and are going to transfer that back to situations in the school.
Dean Barwick Primary
This school came to us to explore and learn about the North East coastline. They were amazed to find sea caves to investigate and forests of anemones right on our doorstep at Marsden Bay.